18 things to know about new cyberattack campaigns emerging this year
Becker's Health IT
Since the start of the year, the FBI and the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency have issued several warnings about malicious actors exploiting software vulnerabilities to extort companies.
To keep your hospital safe, CISA has recommended the following measures to reduce the frequency of cyberattacks.
Eighteen tips to protect your hospital from emerging cyberattack campaigns:
1. Regularly back up data and have password protections for backup copies offline. Ensure critical data is not able to be modified or deleted from the network it is on.
2. Implement network segmentation by splitting the network into subnetworks.
3. Require administrator credentials to install software.
4. Install patch updates as soon as they are released.
5. Implement a recovery plan to maintain critical data offline or on a different network.
6. Audit user accounts with...