12 healthcare employee wrongdoing, ransomware and phishing incidents this month
Becker's Health IT
Here are the healthcare provider malware, ransomware and phishing incidents Becker's Hospital Review reported on during September.
1. An administrative officer at a Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Washington, D.C., is under investigation for tweeting details of a veteran's surgery and mocking the procedure as a waste of taxpayer money
2. A cyberattack on Seymour, Ind.-based Schneck Medical Center caused a systemwide IT outage
3. Carleton-based Family Medical Center of Michigan paid hackers the $30,000 demand to unlock its files.
4. A Mankato (Minn.) Clinic employee exposed 535 patients' protected health information by mistakenly emailing the data to an external email account.
5. A ransomware attack on Berlin, N.H.-based Coos County Family Health Services caused a phone and IT outage that forced some of its clinics to shut down.
6. Ransomware group...